Rluvlylox's Avocado & Honey Hair Mask -- 2 out of 5


This one is from my brother's fiancee, who I will call Rluvlylox (she probably got it from somewhere else online, so no offense or plagiarism intended)...

Ingredients:
- 1 medium avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 oz. castor oil
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 2 eggs
* you can also add 1/2 a small can of coconut milk for softness!

Mix, paint onto hair (I used the "shingling" method of application), cover with plastic shower cap. Sit under hood dryer for 15-20 minutes or wear around the house for 45 minutes to let body heat do the work. Rinse with warm water, and then shock with cold water. All done!

While I enjoyed what amounted to playing with green slime in the sink, I wasn't overly impressed with this one. To be fair, I left out the castor and coconut oil because I didn't have any in the house, so if you want to discount the review, fine with me. Try it for yourself and see... Note: make sure the avocado you buy is ripe.

Here's my take: the avocado didn't rinse out well. I didn't make my hair gleam or moisturize as well as I expected. I'm willing to try again, because I took too many recipe liberties with this to really post a review, and will update again in the future, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment