Information Overload!


Something's happened to me.

I've become obsessed with hair. There are so many sites, videos, tutorials, product reviews. I've been absorbing non-stop for the past three days, and I can't take any more. I have a product wish list a mile long, and for every positive review there's a negative one. It seems like so many things work! I have no idea what to do, where to start. Every time I get excited about a style/product/recipe, I have to run to the mirror to remind myself that my hair is 4 inches long, and the shrinkage has me to about 2 inches of hair. It's too short to do anything but dream and wish at this point!

I'm fighting recriminations for letting myself get to this point, for taking so long to stop and ask the fundamental questions that I should be asking myself, for taking so long to start paying attention to something so important and fundamental as hair. Even as I tell myself what's past is past, that hair grows and grows even past death, etc. I keep looking back like Lot's wife.

This obsession has to end. It's stolen the last 3 days from me, time that I should have been working on my novel, blogging, working on my brother's wedding website, job searching, hell... anything! My resolution: to take my hands out of my hair, my mind of my hair, and stop cruising the web lusting after other people's styles.

Enough is enough!

Right after I stalk my new friends' fotkis....

No comments:

Post a Comment