Reunited, and it feels so good...


I want to speak a little more on what all the recent hair events mean.

I've decided that I am not going to cry over the spilled milk that is my chopped hair, and not going to eulogize my relaxed locks. I am reunited with a more fundamental me, a stronger, older, wiser, me, and for that I will be grateful. As far as I'm concerned, thank you Jesus and I couldn't have planned it better myself!

For 8 long years I blithely and with a great deal of ignorance grew out my natural hair. I was so concerned with college, then grad school, that I wasn't as aware as I should have been, didn't know as much as I should have known, but things have really changed for me. I've relaxed my hair for the very very last time. No more fire creme! If I'm dying for the straight look again, I will bust out the press or get a sew-in, full stop. No more frying and dying my hair. How could I have ignored the very simple ironclad fact that my hair has fallen out in less than a year every time I tried one (with the notable exception of the phytospecific relaxer)?? I'm awake now, however, and paying very careful attention.

So this is my new fotki, my effort to pay attention, learn, ask questions... I'm so excited to meet myself again. Hello, beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment