Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse -- 4 out of 5


So... I tried an apple cider vinegar rinse.
Mix 1 tbsp for every 1 cup water. Warning: THIS DOES NOT LATHER.

Let's get the cons out of the way first:

It stinks.
It stings your eyes.
It's hard to deal with because it's watery.
No lather.

Now for the pros:

It cleans your hair really well and gets rid of build up with the advantage of restoring pH balance. It also makes my hair noticeably shinier. It's cheap and easy to obtain. A little goes a long way, and it has many uses, from cleaning windows and tile to being a great product to settle the stomach and aid digestion. There are even some weight loss claims! (I drank what I didn't use in my hair...it's not that bad diluted). As for the smell, it fades in mere minutes.

I'm liking it so far for clarifying purposes. Once or twice a month is not too much to ask me to deal with this, although I am also intrigued by a method I read about on http://www.curlynikki.com that clarifies by adding baking soda to conditioner. More on that later.

*Note: I did not use this Katz brand of ACV for my rinse. I used the regular old generic out of the grocery store -- I actually had some in the house that I use for other reasons... but the pic is so pretty and appetizing looking, that I couldn't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment