My Hair is Already Growing...

I can't escape the suspicion that my hair is already growing, that I will not only meet but exceed the TWA growth challenge this year, and that even though I was natural all those years before, this time my hair is doing a new thing. I tried finger coils today with kccc, and it worked beautifully. I was impressed and pleased with the way just a squirt of knot today leave-in defined my curl pattern. I barely had to twist to get 'em looking picture perfect. I'm going to wear them tomorrow maybe, and then pull apart and get a few more days out of 'em -- I'm anxious not to over manipulate my hair and ruin the healthy treatment I've been giving it.

The reason I think my hair is already growing is because a friend already told me so. I was talking with this friend yesterday -- she is a new convert to the kinky curly way as well -- and when I said that I was practicing a whole new way of caring for my hair to promote growth, she surprised me by saying " Well, it's working. Your hair already looks a lot longer than when you cut it." I was so shocked! Upon reflection today, however, I've decided that she's right. Without even finding my HG (Holy Grail) hair and nail supplement (still searching), my HG deep treatment, or trying henna, I am already seeing improvement! I can't wait to see where I am next summer, or even next year this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment