ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak -- 3 out of 5

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak. These yellow packets should be familiar to anyone who's ever been down the "ethnic hair products" aisle @ the store or to a Sally's Beauty Supply. My aim in testing this one was to start questioning the effectiveness of every product, even ones that people take for granted.

After clarifying/co-washing and rinsing, I apply this product to my wet hair, cover with shower cap, and then sit under hood dryer for 15-20 minutes with heat on medium. (I'm a big believer in applying heat to conditioning treatments... steam would be even better, but oh well...)

After using this 3 times on my natural hair, I've concluded that it's okay, but that I should keep looking. The first time, I used only the packet, and was unimpressed with the softness or moisture of my hair. I also don't care for the smell. It smells so strongly of oranges that if I were wearing a blindfold when trying this, I would try to clean the counters with it!

I had a lot more success with it the second and third times I tried it, where I used it as a base to add additional evoo, coconut oil and honey. When I did that, I had good results for softness and moisture of my hair. Only thing is the smell stayed the same. I'm sure there's something out there that works better, and I'll be looking for that. However, in a pinch, whether temporal or financial, this is an acceptable alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment