First Time Henna Today! 5 out of 5 stars



I did my first henna today! Excitement! Came out great...

My Regimen:
1) Co-wash with Suave tropical coconut +baking soda to clarify.
2) Co-wash with He Hello Hydration to soften to detangle.
3) Detangle with Jilbere Shower Comb.
4) ACV/Cold Water Rinse.
5) Apply 100 g of Jamila Henna mixed with 2 cups green tea + honey (I mixed and let dye release for 7 hours before applying.)
6) Cover with shower cap, white strip around the edges, and headband to seal. I also added a scarf, bonnet, and extra pillowcase to eliminate spillage and dying my pillow doo-doo brown. (I'm a bit paranoid, I know!) Let henna work overnight.
7) Wake up, uncover and rinse in tub under full pressure of spigot.
8) Deep condition with AO Honeysuckle Rose + evoo + honey. Sit under hood dryer for 20 min.
9) Cold water rinse.
10) Apply KC Knot Today leave-in.
11) Finger Coil with KC Curling Custard.

Voila! As I said, it turned out great. The thing I'm most excited about is that I didn't spill or stain anything, although there was a brief panic in the morning when I rinsed out my hair in the tub and the water was really, really brown.

What I've noticed so far: As soon as I began to coil, I noticed some differences in my hair. There was less shrinkage, so there was some curl loosening. I also noticed my hair performing like magic, and there was a dark gleam to it. It was very soft and manageable. Like curlynikki says, the henna color is subtle. It actually makes my hair look dark, but in the light there is a wine-colored red sheen that burnishes the hair. Very classy and expensive looking. All in all, consider me a henna head!

No comments:

Post a Comment