Dluvlylox Reports: Top Hair Lessons of the Week


As usual, I've been more busy learning all I can, reading all my blogs, than I have been posting! But I'm trying to do better.

Here's the plan: a once weekly serial post the Top Hair Lessons of the Week. This is where I share the best of what I've picked up over the week with the rest of the world. Excited? I know I am. Let's get crackin!

TOP LESSONS OF THE WEEK

1. Sample Packs! Wanting to indulge the product junky inside, but lacking the funds and not wanting to order full-sized bottles of stuff only to decide after one application that you don't like? Many natural and organic hair product retailers sell sample packs! These usually include a selection of their most popular products in trial sized packaging and equal the cost of only one of the products. I was over the moon to realize just how many lines offer sample packs. (You do still have to pay shipping). After some deliberation, I ordered the Oyin Handmade sample pack --Look for the review soon! Up next, Karen's Body Beautiful!

2. Raggedy Fingernails! This may seem so intuitive, but it was a revelation in my world. I was reading one of my blogs, and the oh-so-wise sister mentioned that naturals should watch their nails. Unfiled or ragged nails catch on hair and snag, causing a lot of breaks. Considering the emphasis on fingerstyling as a healthy alternative to combing and brushing, this becomes even more important. Since salon manicures are a things of the past for me, I'll have to be extra careful from now on. Word!

3. Spring Flowers! This spring's hair fashion accessory: flower power! I've been seeing an explosion of different flowers in pics, ads, and blogs all over. Not only are sisters pinning flowers behind the ear, but also wearing them attached to barrettes and headbands! Now these are selling for 8-25$, but ya'll know I'm going straight to Michael's!! Watch me work, hey!

Well that's it for now... we'll call this one abbreviated, and shoot for 5 per week in the future. Be on the look out for more reviews coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment