Happy Nappy New Year!

It's the start of Very Nappy Year for Dluvlylox! As you can see I'm hella late with this. To stop me from sliding into ridiculous procrastination territory (which would be unforgiveable), I am simply posting my current regimen and a few announcements, as well as pending reviews.

My Regimen:
1) Co-wash every 2-3 days or as needed w/ HE Hello Hydration or Suave Tropical Coconut
2) Clarify w/ ACV rinse or baking soda added to conditioner
3) As little combing as possible, even in shower w/ conditioner (I can detangle w/ fingers)
4) DT 2x/wk -- currently using ORS Olive oil packs w/ added evoo and honey, but still looking for something better
5) Spritz daily with water, seal with oil (amla+shikakai or coconut)

My Goals for the year are:
1) Perfect regimen and get it down to routine.
2) Take multi-vitamin daily.
3) Learn to braid!
4) Experiment with styles for versatility.
5) Keep up blog/fotki!
6) Record results of all hair experiments and products!
7) Try henna!

Look for the following Product Reviews:
1) Aphogee 2-step Treatment
2) Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
3) Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Conditioner
4) Coconut Oil
5) The Pre-poo
6) IC Olive Oil Gel
7) IC Olive Oil Gel vs. Kinky Curly Curling Custard

I am also planning to experiment in making homemade products this year! (So exciting!) Look for:
1) Homemade Spritz w/ Vegetable Glycerin
2) Adventures in Shea Butter Land
3) Shealoe and other Goop

Lastly, I am participating in Nappturality's TWA Challenge 2009. This is a year-long hair growth challenge. I've sworn to:
1) Stick to my regimen.
2) No cutting! No trimming!
3) Measure only once and month and post pic in a fotki album specifically for that purpose!
4) Grab a hair buddy and hold on tight for the ride! Mine is jasluv on NP.

We have a ning social network website, Our Journey. You can come visit to cheer us along, or even join yourself. Hope to see you there.

Aight! That's It for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment